How to Upload configuration files bigger than 2MB

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to Upload configuration files bigger than 2MB

L7 Applicator

Expedition uses APACHE as a web server and PHP as module for the scripts. By default PHP allow users to upload files with a maximum size of 2M, this can be updated by changing the PHP.ini

sudo vi /etc/php/7.0/apache2/php.ini

go to line where this variable is defined

upload_max_filesize = 2M

and replace by

upload_max_filesize = 250M

There is another parameter within that file can be increased to allow you use the multiedit with a big amount of rules

sudo vi /etc/php/7.0/apache2/php.ini

go to line where this variable is defined

post_max_size = 8M

and replace by

post_max_size = 128M

Increase the values to those variables and restart apache for the changes take effect.

sudo systemctl restart apache2
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L3 Networker

thanks!

this also works in case someone does not readily know commands to use vi and for whatever reason still have not learned the hotkeys escape keys etc... (for example... me)

sudo sed -i 's/upload_max_filesize = 2M/upload_max_filesize = 250M/g' /etc/php/7.0/apache2/php.ini
sudo sed -i 's/post_max_size = 8M/post_max_size = 128M/g' /etc/php/7.0/apache2/php.ini

then

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L3 Networker

thanks!

this also works in case someone does not readily know commands to use vi and for whatever reason still have not learned the hotkeys escape keys etc... (for example... me)

sudo sed -i 's/upload_max_filesize = 2M/upload_max_filesize = 250M/g' /etc/php/7.0/apache2/php.ini
sudo sed -i 's/post_max_size = 8M/post_max_size = 128M/g' /etc/php/7.0/apache2/php.ini

then

Please let me know how to get to sudo command I am not able to login to Expidition via Console in vsphere client.

Chapter 1 of the Admin Guide it says but i will post it here 🙂

Console:

username: expedition

password: paloalto

When using sudo if you are asked for a password is paloalto

@alestevez

Thanks..got it..

Thanks, this worked for me 🙂

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 11 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!