How to import firewall config into expedition

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to import firewall config into expedition

L3 Networker

HEllo

i want to use expedition to check firewall configuration instead of looking thru hml file.

Is it possible to import this config file (config.hml) inot expedition to see the firewall rules in GUI?

Appreciate if someone share a how-to steps..

Thanks

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

You first creat a project.  Then when you entre the project, you can import configuration files from Cisco, Palo, Checkpoint, Juniper, etc.   What brand firewall are you migrating from?  Another Palo?  If so that is an XML file.  If Cisco, then a standard text file.

Go to this URL and select "Get the Files".  All the instructions are included.

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Expedition-Migration-Tool/ct-p/migration_tool

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

L2 Linker

You can export your current firewall configuration into an XML file and then import it into Expedition, do all your modifcations and then create a new XML file and upload it back to your firewall.

Cool thank you.

I understand that byt my question is HOW?

I do have a firewall configuration that was exported from the firewall i have no access to so i cannot create  a new device since it asking me for a SN.

The only file i have is a config.hml file.

What is process to upload file to the expedition?

Do i use Projects Tab?

You first creat a project.  Then when you entre the project, you can import configuration files from Cisco, Palo, Checkpoint, Juniper, etc.   What brand firewall are you migrating from?  Another Palo?  If so that is an XML file.  If Cisco, then a standard text file.

Go to this URL and select "Get the Files".  All the instructions are included.

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Expedition-Migration-Tool/ct-p/migration_tool

Cool, thanks

Hi Bagheri

I went to the given URL, but I couldn't find any "Get the file" option/link. Can you please share/post the link for the same. I want to convert fortigate firewall config to PA. I need to understand what files required to import into expedition tool, be it fortigate firewall or fortimanager.

If you can share the directory/path for all vendors required config file details that would be great as well.

Hi @ram.balaji Please make sure you are running the latest Expedition, which is v1.2.60 , for export config instructions for fortinet, please refer to the below website:

https://pan.dev/expedition/docs/expedition_export/#fortinet

To import , simply create a project, the go into the project , go to import -> select fortinet , you then import the fortinet config there . 

L1 Bithead

Thanks a lot, contains all vendors required config to be imported.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!