If You Need an OVA...

Highlighted
L4 Transporter

Re: If You Need an OVA...

I would guess that you did not create the user expedition in your system.

L4 Transporter

A new updated version of the script would control also the existence of the "expedition" user, and if it is not there, it will create it.

L1 Bithead

Hi,

Trying to install the latest expedition tool on vmx-12 (ESX version 6.0) and see Unsupported hardware family vmx-12 error. Where can i get the old .ova expedition image that supports vmx-12? 

We dont have option of upgrading vmx or ESX to higher 

Any suggestions on this would be helpful.

Thanks 

L4 Transporter

Have you tried to use the installer on a clean Ubuntu Server 16.04 instead?

This method will create an Expedition instance on the Vm that you create, and it does not get affected by which version of HW did we use during OVA creation, as we do not need the OVA anymore.

Besides, you will get the latest packages installed just after the installation script completes..

L1 Bithead

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I am thinking to convert the .ova to .ovf by using workstation pro, will that work on esx 6.0?, if not i have to go for your suggestion. Do we have any doc on how to do that?

Thanks 

L4 Transporter

You can check the following video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II_6dgnPn0U&feature=youtu.be

Let me know if you can visualize it.

L1 Bithead

What are the log in credentials?

L1 Bithead

I found the credentials to log on and I have Expedition up and running. Thank you so much for this.

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!