Is there a status when retrieving apps for App-ID Adoption

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Is there a status when retrieving apps for App-ID Adoption

L0 Member

I've created a log connector in Expedition for the last-30-days. I've highlighted a selction of 20 rules and selcted Retrieve Apps for App-ID Adoption. It has been stuck on "Generating Reports" for about an hour now and I cant tell if its actually working in the background or if its stuck. I tested this earlier on 1 rule with the log connector set to last-6-hours and it worked fairly quickly. Just curious if i can tail a log in the CLI to get a status so I can tell if im just being impatient.

EDIT: So we canceled the job and tried again on only 1 rule. It would generate report immediately and say ready like it did something but it didnt not retreive any apps. We rebooted Expedition and tried it again on the same rule. This time it took its time and after about 45 seconds pulled in the apps the rule was using. Did this process again 1 rule at a time, and some times it would hang up and a reboot would fix the problem. Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1

L5 Sessionator

You could check a log file located at /home/userSpace/panReadOrders.log

In this file, you may locate some of the background process information: when did it start, with which parameters, and when did it end. If there is a failure in the process that has not been considered for being shown in the GUI, there is a higher chance you will see it there.

If you do not see any error, but you don't get the results, you should check whether your Panorama or Fw (depending where did you define the report order should be sent) is currently executing the report.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!