LDAP over SSL authentication not working

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

LDAP over SSL authentication not working

L3 Networker

Hello everybody,

I've just installed and updated the Expedition VM and I'm trying to configure LDAP (Active Directory) authentication. It works fine when contacting the domain controller over port tcp/389 without SSL, but it doesn't work if I set SSL (and port tcp/636, of course). The domain controller uses a self signed certificate for the LDAP service. I tryed to import the CA certificate on the Expedition VM at /etc/ssl/cert. but nothing changed. I know that the domain controller is well configured for LDAP over SSL, since I already use this type of authentication for other services, including admin authentication on Palo Alto firewalls. Any suggestion?

Thank you in advance

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L0 Member

The accepted solution "TLS_REQCERT never" is not really a fix. This only bypasses cert checking. If you are running into this issue it's because your company run's their own root CA and you generated a cert for expedition from it. So you need to put your local cert into the Linux cert store. 

Proper fix:

$ sudo cp local-ca.crt /usr/local/share/ca-certificates

$ sudo update-ca-certificates

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L3 Networker

Solved by adding

TLS_REQCERT     never

into /etc/ldap/ldap.conf

Hope this helps someone else.

Excellent, thanks for sharing.

thank you for posting grenzi

L0 Member

The accepted solution "TLS_REQCERT never" is not really a fix. This only bypasses cert checking. If you are running into this issue it's because your company run's their own root CA and you generated a cert for expedition from it. So you need to put your local cert into the Linux cert store. 

Proper fix:

$ sudo cp local-ca.crt /usr/local/share/ca-certificates

$ sudo update-ca-certificates

@Sean_Small yes, you are right 👍

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!