Expedition Discussions

L5 Sessionator

Migrating from ASA 8.2 makes double objects and rules

I'm migrating configuration from ASA version 8.2 and I noticed that quite a lot of objects are doubled and also some rules are doubled. 

If I look at doubled objects 1 of them has 'default' under 'src File' coloumn and the other has config file name in that coloumn (filename matching the one i imported). I only imported this named config file. Where does 'default' come from?

And both objcts of this doubled pir are used so I'm assuming rules have been doubled for the same reason.

Anyone had similar issues?

L7 Applicator

Re: Migrating from ASA 8.2 makes double objects and rules

can it be the netmasks are different? You can merge by name and value....

L5 Sessionator

Nope, everything is the same, just src File field differs.

Capture.JPG

L5 Sessionator

Loading config later discards it anyway:

address -> mOltar-32 'mOltar-32' is already in use

address -> mOltar-32 mOltar-32 is invalid. Discarding

Highlighted
L5 Sessionator

Now I noticed it also didn't change destination zone to post DNAT zone in FW rules. Maybe cause the object isn't correct; it seems it created 2 same objects out of 1 object with no mask and also left the orginal one

Capture.JPG

And FW rules (connected with above post DNAT problem) allowing known services on TCP ports (www, smtp) have ipsec-esp as application:

Capture2.JPG

Corresponding NAT rule:

Capture3.JPG

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!