Odd issue just starting Expedition in new setup

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Odd issue just starting Expedition in new setup

L2 Linker

I'm coming back around to doing some serious testing so we can start really using Expedition.  Now, I downloaded the latest version, opened it in VMWare Fusion 8.5 and when I launch it, i get to this and can't even log into the CLI....

expedition_issue.jpg

The cursor is actually blinking over the 'E'.  Thought's on why I can't even log into the CLI right away?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Here you go:

How to update:

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install expedition-beta

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

L3 Networker

First you must upgrade to the latest version before using it.

Second, try the cli credentials of un:expedtion pw:paloalto.  For the GUI, it is admin/paloalto.

Hope that helps,

Bob

Ya, that's the problem.  I can't even log into the CLI to get it upgraded.  I key the credentials, but nothing happens.  it's odd.

OK, actually figured that part out (just upgraded OS X and Fusion 8.5 too old . 🙂

now, do you have, off the top of your head, the CLI syntax to upgrade the image from the CLI?

Here you go:

How to update:

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install expedition-beta

feeling a little stupid... but maybe just cause it's Friday...  🙂

isn't the expedition tool supposed to pop up a box when I log in telling me what IP address to use to access it via a browser?  I'm not seeing that.

2019-02-15_10-45-58.jpg

I use VMWare Workstation and I have DHCP setup on the subnet.  The command for Linux is "ip address show". If you don't have an address via DHCP, you need to add a static to your interface config file in Linux.

I recommend you go to this URL and download the installation doc "Get the Guides" section.

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Expedition-Migration-Tool/ct-p/migration_tool

Re,
Bob

• 1 accepted solution
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!