Refresh Configuration for BPA

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Refresh Configuration for BPA

L1 Bithead

Hi,

I'm using Expedition for the BPA part at the moment. Is there any way of "refreshing" the configuration I'm working on after making adjustments after running the BPA? At the moment I need to create a new project to fetch any new configuration. 

My expected workflow:

- Import device configuration to project

- Run BPA

- Adjust according to the BPA

- Refresh the configuration from the device

- Run BPA - see the improvement

Any way of achieving this?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Reuploading of a PANOS config is now available. It will show as a new source that you can use, and if the name already existed, it will append the current date.

From that point, you may have to set the new version of the config as the new "base configuration" and you will be able to reapply the BPA on the new base config.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L3 Networker

I haven't yet got it to work 100% correctly.  I recommend you go the old fashion route and just use the online portal to get your BPA results, then go apply them to the FW.

I've made changes to my 220 and saw them change instanly in the BPA section.  I've made other changes and it doesn't show in the BPA.  I've even re-imported my device's config files and tried re-importing the entire device with no luck.  Thereofre, if for a client, I recommend the customer success portal 

https://customersuccess.paloaltonetworks.com/bpa/

Yeah, in most cases the online BPA is better to work with.

In other use cases the configuration cannot be uploaded to the BPA due to restrictions, and that is why I am trying to find a way of using Expedition for this.

the config refresh option (i.e. update the existing config) is coming in an upcoming Expedition release. 

Reuploading of a PANOS config is now available. It will show as a new source that you can use, and if the name already existed, it will append the current date.

From that point, you may have to set the new version of the config as the new "base configuration" and you will be able to reapply the BPA on the new base config.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!