Rule merge all results

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Rule merge all results

L3 Networker

I am running Expedition 1.0.106 and have a question about merging rules. Once the analysis is done I am presented with cases that I look at individually. From there I can merge by highlighting the rules or by clicking on the 'merge by selection or all results'.  Either one of those ways works to merge a case. The question I have is the part that says '...or all results'. I have over 4000 cases and would like to choose to merge all results but it does not work. When I have no cases selected and click the button it says it has merged 2 rules (not sure what is up with that) but it does not merge all results. As an alternative, I check the box next to 'Duplicates' which should select all cases but it says you can only select 10 cases at a time. 

Thanks for any help.

34 REPLIES 34

We are still using just 1 cpu but upgraded the memory a bunch. I will check online to see what file needs to be deleted and how to upgrade the php.ini memory setting.

Thanks.

I don't mind sharing but asked before what do you want me to share? I don't seem to be able to export the project due to its size. Smaller projects let me export but for this one when I click the export button nothing happens (even if I wait for a while).

Thanks.

Exporting the project should not take that much of time. 

The only reason I could think that it would make it become slower is that you are already having the VM stressed with another activity (as we have seen from your prior messages, you are having only 1 CPU, which is not recommended for your case).

You could try to export just after rebooting your Expedition VM, so it is fresh and it did not get any request to make a CPU intensive process.

We have been working with large projects, and the export may take a few seconds due to database backup and compression of data files.

FIRST: upgrade the VM memroy assigned to Expedition....that must be done through your VM editor.  The default is like 2Gb, of which like 1.5Gb is actually available in Expedition.  if you double the VM memory, available in Expedition will be about 3Gb - i am not certain where Expedition is losing 25% assigned to the vm.  But if you can up to 8Gb, then do so.

After you assign the memory, boot the VM, then ssh into the command line and you will need to delete a specific file and then reboot the VM again.  If you do not delete this file, Expedition will never recognize the new memory you have allocated to it.  Deleting the file forces Expedition to recalculate available memory and then creates a new version of that file.

The file to delete is: /home/userSpace/environmentParameters.php

SECOND:  increase the memory assigned to php.  The default is rather low at 128mb.  if you increase the VM memory to 4Gb, i would recommend increasing php memroy to 512Gb.  if you increase VM memory to 8Gb, then increase php memory to 1Gb.  Each will be a sizeable and quite noticeable differences in Expeditions performance:

php.ini is located in: 

sudo vi /etc/php/7.0/apache2/php.ini

Find the line 'memory_limit ' and change the value from 128mb to 512mb (or higher)

I did the upgrades and that does seem to help with the issue but as a rule to make it work every time I have to select 3 rules at a time (click and hold down shift, select the first rule then 2 more and 2 more until I get to 10). It could be that the issue is only present when I am working remote (connecting to corp over VPN to access VM). In any case both of the 2 really large projects that I was working on are migrated now so not an issue at the moment.

• 34 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!