Trouble Installing Expedition

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Trouble Installing Expedition

L1 Bithead

Hello all,

Ubuntu 16.04 LTS fresh off the ISO in Oracle Virtualbox. No updates or anything else, first thing I did after the install was to fetch and run the installer.

I've been trying to follow the instructions on the video guide; the first part where my experience diverged is that I had to manually create the "expedition" user before the installer would run.

The installer ran for a while, and prompted me numerous times to set the MariaDB password, but always returned a message saying it was unable to change the password, and continued with the install.

Once the installation finished, I was left with the following messages, however. Any advice?

1 REPLY 1

L5 Sessionator

I will check the installer to verify it is not an issue in it.

Otherwise, the installer should not request the password for MariaDB, but it should handle it automatically.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!