Unable to define the Spark Temporary Data Structure

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Unable to define the Spark Temporary Data Structure

L1 Bithead

Just upgrade to the latest version 1.1.31 from the CLI:

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install expedition-beta

sudo bash /var/www/html/OS/BPA/updateBPA306.sh

My problem is now Expedition will not come up because GUI checks complain about:

Spark Temporary Data Structure verification .... where "Path not provided"  "Remediation: Set a valid path"

Issue is that when i provide a path (/PALogs) in the Temp.Data.Struct field under Settings->M.Learning->Data Analysis Structures Folder and then click Save - Nothing gets save!  If i refresh the page, the field is blank and Expedition will not come up.

help

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

@dgildelaig   solved my problem.

We reviewed the related mysql tables and verified they were not updated to handle the upgraded Expedition version.  Apparently i had a bad install. Had to reinstall as shown here:

>sudo apt-get update

>sudo apt-get --reinstall install expedition-beta  (you need the --reinstall part or system will say update is installed already)

This fixed the issue!  Thanks for the great support.

Cheu

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

L5 Sessionator

Could you make sure that that IP defined for the ML sever is correct?

There is a check on that value and maybe your Expedition does not respond to the save request because it is still validating to reach that IP.

@dgildelaig ,   The ML IP address is good. There is a check for that, and it passes that check on the main/home gui screen.  Note:  i am running Expedition virtual machine on Windows using VMware Workstation 12 Player.  The Expedition VM is using a NAT interface (using the local Windows interface). I am using the Windows machine's IP address as the ML IP address.   Firefox Web gui connects fine from laptop.

Could there be a permissions issue with not being able to upate the M.Learning configuratoin gui page?

Are you entering as a superUser?

If so, this should not be the issue.

We could try to have a Zoom session to check what may be failing at your side.

Share some time at fwmigrate at paloaltonetworks dot com, and we could shcedule it for tomorrow if it fits you

I am loggin in as the defaul 'admin' account, which is listed as Super User.    Zoom would be great.  Can we schedule. I am on the east coast.

I wonder if there a browser configuration issue?

I just realized that i cannot update anything on the M.Learning section (under the Settings tab) of the GUI.....even after i click save at bottom right of the gui.

note:  my GUI url is:     https://192.168.37.128/#settings/cronjobs

Is there some permission issue to update this web space?

Please, send your contact information, and we could try to schedule the session now if you contact to our email to send you the zoom invite?

@dgildelaig   solved my problem.

We reviewed the related mysql tables and verified they were not updated to handle the upgraded Expedition version.  Apparently i had a bad install. Had to reinstall as shown here:

>sudo apt-get update

>sudo apt-get --reinstall install expedition-beta  (you need the --reinstall part or system will say update is installed already)

This fixed the issue!  Thanks for the great support.

Cheu

• 1 accepted solution
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!