Zone creation by API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Zone creation by API

L2 Linker

Hi,

I'm using Expedition 1.1.12 and PanOs 8.1.7.

Since some time I fail in creating the ZONES via Expedition/API.

This while the creation of subinterfaces, Virtual router etc is working fine.

When sending the zone config by API, following message is received:

(if this zone config is removed out of the config, it's another one it's complaining about....)

EX_Zoneerror.png

This while the subinterfaces are existing correctly and the were created by API.

However on the related subinterfaces I notice the VSYS info is missing (should be vsys4 in this case):

(vsys is set to none)

EX_subint.png

When entering each subinterface, the vsys is there, but it doesn't show up in Network/Interfaces overview (see previous screenshot).

Ex_subinterface.png

After clicking the drop down selector at Virtual System and selecting the very same item, the info appears in the overview (vsys is set to "GINET")

EX_Subintoverview2.png

Since I was suspecting this to be the root cause my zone creation issues, I've re-sent the API commands from Expedition, exactly as tried initially and it worked perfectly.

EX_API.PNG

Seems like a bug?

But for now, I have a workaround.

Best regards,

Filip

2 REPLIES 2

L5 Sessionator

could be a sequence issue - for example:

1- send the zone configs

2-send the interface configs with the zone assignment

No -it isn't.

I've tried every possible way around it.

When sending the zones by API, they require the subinterfaces to be present.

So the sequence and workaround is:

1. sent the subint.

2. sent the vrouter

3. correct the subint to their vsys (just opening the subint config and re-select the vsys which was already present)

4. commit

5. sent the zones.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!