object address 1.1.1.1 when Importing Check Point Config to Expedition

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

object address 1.1.1.1 when Importing Check Point Config to Expedition

L1 Bithead

Hello,

I have Problem when trying to import the checkpoint config to expedition,

The checkpoint version is R75.45, I have 2 files config from checkpoint,

- objects_5_0.C

- rulebases_5_0.fws

I have tried to convert the .fws file to .W based on Checkpoint different soure files format

The import process is success, but all of the address object is 1.1.1.1 and no address-group is detected

I'm not really sure where did i go wrong. is it because i lack of file or my conversion from .fws to .W is not right

I am quite new with checkpoint, i cant find object address in my objects_5_0.c, i can only find service there

where is CP save the object address? 

and anyone can explain how to convert .fws to .W and give example?

thanks

2 REPLIES 2

L1 Bithead

Well, it looks like the file config given to me by other team is not complete,

the file objects_5_0.C is wrong.

After getting the right file and trial and error tweaking the rulebases_5_0.fws,

i have managed to make it right

thanks

L0 Member

Hi, can you share where the object_5_0.C that you getting that finally make the conversionsuccess?

Do you get it on the Checkpoint node or SmartCenter?

my object also show all 1.1.1.1 after converting

Thanks
Andryan

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!