3.1.7 to 4.1.0

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

3.1.7 to 4.1.0

L4 Transporter

The upgrade procedure for 4.1.0 says I must be running 4.0.0 or later.  Does it matter which version of 4.0.0 I install? Which route is prefered...

a) 3.1.7 > 4.0.1 > 4.1.0

b) 3.1.7 > 4.0.7 > 4.1.0

Thanks

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

You do need to have a version of 4.0 installed prior to installing 4.1.  The recommended path would be as follows:

You must download 4.0.1,  but to avoid potentially hitting some early bugs, do not install this version.

Download and install any later version in the 4.0 branch and reboot.

Download and install 4.1 and reboot.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L2 Linker

the administrator guide says it is just like going from 3.1.7 to 4.0.4 for example. you just have to have 4.0.1 downloaded, not installed. so you should be able to go to 4.1.0 i would guess just by having 4.0.1 downloaded. Because you are going to a base image you may not even have to download the 4.0.1 version.

According to the release notes 4.0.x has to be running to do the upgrarde, so download both 4.0.1 and 4.1.0. To get to 4.0.7 you have to download 4.0.1 anyway, but if you are going directly to 4.1.0 I'd skip 4.0.7 for now.

Give Jeff's suggestion of trying 4.1.0 with just 4.0.1 downloaded and report back the results.

I am running 4.1.0 in my lab and am adjusting to some of the changes but overall really enjoying the new experience.

Thanks

James

You do need to have a version of 4.0 installed prior to installing 4.1.  The recommended path would be as follows:

You must download 4.0.1,  but to avoid potentially hitting some early bugs, do not install this version.

Download and install any later version in the 4.0 branch and reboot.

Download and install 4.1 and reboot.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!