4.0.9 to 4.1.6 - Issues to be aware of?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

4.0.9 to 4.1.6 - Issues to be aware of?

L4 Transporter

Are there any known issues to be aware of if I wanted to go from 4.0.9 to 4.1.6?

We had an issue when we went from 4.0.9 to 4.0.11 where the dataplane on our PA-500 randomly rebooted several times and support's initial suggestion was to do a factory reset/restore of the box.

I'd prefer not to do that if it's avoidable, so I figure there should be no harm in seeing if moving 4.1.6 fixes it.

It doesn't help that Palo Alto don't exactly make it clear when and why you should move to a new version of PAN OS.... Smiley Happy

I'm assuming the two main issues to address are the PAN Agent and that there's a half hour to an hour window of unavailability during the reboot and upgrade, but other than that...

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

L2 Linker

OTTOMH -- our biggest issue was the loss of NetConnect, and the use of Global Protect in it's place.  (It works, but GP is kind of Beta quality as far as the unlicensed mode goes...)

Also taking an offline backup of running-config.xml BEFORE you start is advisable aswell (and make sure to store backups of this backup in several places at least until your migration was successful 🙂

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!