4050 HA Upgrade Question

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

4050 HA Upgrade Question

Not applicable

Anyone with a HA 4050 Cluster, can you please tell me the pros/cons of code 5.0.3 and 5.0.6?  I am looking to upgrade my HA pair and have noticed CPU imbalance issues, high management plane issues with 5.0.1 on my 500, 2050's.  I want to upgrade but am worried the CPU issues are not addressed/corrected with 5.0.3 and/or 5.0.6 when upgrading a 4050 cluster.  Please give me your opinion.

Thanks!!

7 REPLIES 7

L5 Sessionator

You best reference would be The Release Notes of 5.0.6 which also mentions the addressed issues of 5.0.4 and 5.0.5.

It would be difficult to comment on Pros/Cons as they may be relative to the  Network Setup.

HTH

Yes, I am researching the release notes but would like opinions from users with this scenario.

L3 Networker

5.0.3 definitely had a lot of log indexing issues that usually cause restarts of MGT server as well as a few other userid issues which also caused the MGT CPU to spike.

But as far as the log indexing issue goes that can cause high CPU issues, that will be fixed in 5.0.7.

5.0.6 although has a few fixes with respect to high CPU issues, waiting for 5.0.7 ( which should be out anytime in the next 12-13 days) will not be a bad option at all.

HTH

L4 Transporter

I have seen significant improvements for the mgmt plane CPU starting from 5.0.3, especially when user-id is involved.

Example: graph showed drop from 80-90% to 20-30% mgmt plane CPU when upgrading from 5.0.2 to 5.0.5. Not sure what chassis this was.

Data plane CPU remained the same

L1 Bithead

upgrade to 5.0.6

it fixes a lot of bugs.

we still have a lot of devices still on 4.1.7 due to weird issues encountered on 5.0.x

so far when running on 5.0.6, everything is looking good and we're going to move all over devices to 5.0.6

Hi,

In 5.0.6, we have a bug with VPN HA ... will be fix in next 5.0.7.

There is a 5.0.6h1 and 5.0.6h2.

then waiting the 5.0.7 should be a good idea 🙂

Keep in mind there is no perfect version ...

hope help

V.

Just FYI we have a huge dataplane restart bug in 5.0.6 we're currently dealing with (TAC is involved,etc). We had to roll back to 5.0.5 because of it (and the dataplane restarts disappear after the rollback). Luckily this PA4020 is in tap mode only, so it essentially just operates as a glorified IDS right now.

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!