5.0.3 - ready for production?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

5.0.3 - ready for production?

L4 Transporter

Hi

I have PA200 with 4.1.10, and I'd like to use few new features from 5.0.x series, and I hope that my problems with QoS will gone

Is it in your opinion (taken from real life) 5.0.3 ready for production environment?

Last time  (user id issue) testing team didnt work well in PA, did you discovered or heard about any new issues in 5.0.3?

what I pay attention before the upgrade (I've never done transition from 3.x to 4.x),  Of course I will have the recovery procedure on a desk.

With reagrds

SLawek

21 REPLIES 21

When a device attempts to pull an update (or do a dynamic URL lookup) from BrightCloud, the device connects directly to BrightCloud's servers for this information, not the Palo Alto Networks update server.

Do you guys have any updates on why 5.0 was affected but 4.1 wasn't? It's really curious why the update affected one version and not another.

quinton schrieb:

You'll first have to upgrade to the PANOS 5 base image - i.e. 5.0.0 first then 5.0.3.

Not true. You just need to download the 5.0 image and the donwload and install 5.0.3.

mikand schrieb:

And speaking of which - those of you who use PA's own URL-DB (instead of Brightcloud), any problems for you yet with broken updates or such?

No Problems so far with 5.0.3 and PANDB.

Not applicable

I've upgraded to 5.0.3 and seem to be having issues with web filtering. I was on version 5.0.1 prior and everything worked fine. Now all of the url categories that are set to blocked aren't working.

Just FYI I believe the 'upgrade first to 5.0' rule applies when you're jumping more than one version...  I think to go from 4.0 to 5.0 you first need to upgrade from 4.0 -> 4.1 then on to 5.0

Hi ahpadmin,

There's currently a discussion on another thread regarding the issue that you've encountered:

Re: All sites registering as "unknown"

Please follow the instructions listed there to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Doris

• 21 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!