8.1.4 Panorama upgrade _mig mandatory template to template stack migration query

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

8.1.4 Panorama upgrade _mig mandatory template to template stack migration query

L1 Bithead

The PAN docs and the Panorama GUI 'panorama -templates' page all seem to imply the stack is a container for a hirearchical list of templates. So that only the templates contain configurations items.

At the 8.1.4 Panorama upgrade _mig template stacks are automatically created from existing templates.

Panorama 8_1_4 auto created template stack anon.jpg

If this is so, then after teh upgrade I would expect, when amending a config setting the pull down menu on the GUI 'templates-network' should logically still only show templates. ( not template stacks )

Upon upgrade, the GUI top blue bar is not renamed 'template stack'. It appears to offer both the original templates and the new _mig 'template stacks'. Then the config items below, can 'belong' to the original template or if edited since, may 'belong' to the new _mig template stack. This is very confusing, but perhaps points to a subtlety of understanding I am missing. 

config changes to _mig template_stack compared to previous template anon.jpg

To my mind and a clear distinction in the gui should be made. Templates for config items and then the  'template stack' container being applied to the associated device.  

I assume other admins have been through this migration pain and can enlighten me on using the seemingly confused Panorama GUI after the 8.14 upgrade.

All comments on the now mandatory template stacks and how the Panorama GUI should be interpreted very much appreciated.

Lee

0 REPLIES 0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!