ACC Not displaying drop-down boxes when filtering is applied

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

ACC Not displaying drop-down boxes when filtering is applied

L1 Bithead

We have an issue where the drop-down boxes in the ACC disappear when filtering is applied.

For instance, when I go into the ACC, I see all my data.

1) I click on the web-browsing application to see the top users. The information displays properly.

2) Then I click on a specific user to see that user's activity.

I'd like to see a list of the top URLs this user is accessing, but the drop-down in the URL Filtering section has now disappeared, and all I can view is the categories and not the actual URLs. Even if I remove the filtering criteria, the drop-down boxes are still gone, and I am forced to click back on the ACC tab just to refresh the page to get them back.

For some reason this happens when certain filtering criteria are applied, and I am only able to see a subset of the data I want to see.

Does anyone else have this same issue? Do we know if Palo Alto is aware?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Palo Alto Networks Guru

The behavior you described is working as designed.  The workflow that you are looking to achieve can be accomplished by looking at the top destinations or by clicking on the link at the top of the ACC page to jump to the URL logs.  See the attached images...Screen Shot 2012-03-28 at 1.29.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2012-03-28 at 1.34.27 PM.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Palo Alto Networks Guru

The behavior you described is working as designed.  The workflow that you are looking to achieve can be accomplished by looking at the top destinations or by clicking on the link at the top of the ACC page to jump to the URL logs.  See the attached images...Screen Shot 2012-03-28 at 1.29.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2012-03-28 at 1.34.27 PM.png

Why is it not possible to see the URL logs when drilling down to a specific user? The destination ip, even with reverse lookup, is not enough information. I understand the logs can be seen as well. I just don't understand why this can't be implemented on the ACC page. When I allow management to view the ACC, that's the first thing they want to do and they are very disappointed when they can't.

Today, this is seen as detailed information that is better served from the detailed logs.  This could be a valid feature request to add the URL information to the ACC to a future release.  Please contact your SE and ask them to file a feature request on the behalf of your company. 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!