ACE Labs? Cannot access "Firewall Configuration Essentials 101"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

ACE Labs? Cannot access "Firewall Configuration Essentials 101"

L1 Bithead

Hi All, 

Have a question on the ACE 101 course labs that I was hoping someone could answer.  I have a partner account and was able to access and complete the 101 coursework just fine. However, when trying to access the Labs, I am able to register, but all I get is a confirmation with a location link which takes to a map of Denver?   

I cannot figure out any way to actually access the labs?   

Are these labs a virtual online simulated environment?  If so, how on Earth do I access them?

Provider:

PANW LABS

Duration:

24 Hours 0 Min

Description:

Essentials 1 Labs - Online lab that provides a hands-on approach for 101.

Subjects:

Firewall Configuration Essentials 101

Session Version:

PAN-OS v6.0

Required Attendance:

Must attend 3 of 3 parts for course completion.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

I think this is the wrong way. 

For the Course 

Firewall Installation, Configuration, and Management: Essentials I (101) for PAN-OS 7.0 Rev. B

you should get the lab over this way:

Obtain Lab Access To gain access to the Palo Alto Networks hosted lab environment, complete the following steps:

1. Contact Palo Alto Networks Lab Scheduling at edu‐lab@paloaltonetworks.com.

• In the title of the email, state “Essentials I Online Lab Request.”

• In the body of the email, indicate the dates you plan on using the lab environment. Plan for your request to take up to 48 hours to be processed. Please note that not all requests can be accommodated.

• Once your request is received, a representative will respond to indicate if your request can be fulfilled.

• If lab equipment is available, you will also receive the steps for accessing the online site in an email from CloudShare.

2. In the email, click the link after the words: To register and log in now, visit:. The Register for CloudShare page appears in your browser.

3. Create a new user account with a password. CloudShare will then create the environment you will be using for the labs, which may take some time.

4. When the environment has been created, click the button Start Using This Environment.

https://paloaltonetworks.csod.com/clientimg/paloaltonetworks/LOResource/16570_2015121609575617_77261...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L3 Networker

Hi, 

did you meen the CloudShare Environment? After you have enrolled in cloud share, you usually still need to activate the environment. Click left on Environments › Create Environment

It's the "Essentials 1 Labs" from the Learning Center accessed from here > https://paloaltonetworks.csod.com/LMS/catalog/Welcome.aspx?tab_page_id=-67&tab_id=-1

That link appears to be affiliated with https://www.cornerstoneondemand.com/ so not sure if that's related to CloudShare?

I think this is the wrong way. 

For the Course 

Firewall Installation, Configuration, and Management: Essentials I (101) for PAN-OS 7.0 Rev. B

you should get the lab over this way:

Obtain Lab Access To gain access to the Palo Alto Networks hosted lab environment, complete the following steps:

1. Contact Palo Alto Networks Lab Scheduling at edu‐lab@paloaltonetworks.com.

• In the title of the email, state “Essentials I Online Lab Request.”

• In the body of the email, indicate the dates you plan on using the lab environment. Plan for your request to take up to 48 hours to be processed. Please note that not all requests can be accommodated.

• Once your request is received, a representative will respond to indicate if your request can be fulfilled.

• If lab equipment is available, you will also receive the steps for accessing the online site in an email from CloudShare.

2. In the email, click the link after the words: To register and log in now, visit:. The Register for CloudShare page appears in your browser.

3. Create a new user account with a password. CloudShare will then create the environment you will be using for the labs, which may take some time.

4. When the environment has been created, click the button Start Using This Environment.

https://paloaltonetworks.csod.com/clientimg/paloaltonetworks/LOResource/16570_2015121609575617_77261...

Thanks FJU, I tried your method which generated a response from PAN on how to properly request the lab.  🙂  

I learned that I was requesting it correctly, but for some reason I was not getting the secondary email from CloudShare (yes, I checked my spam folder 🙂

Anyway, I just received the cloudshare email so it appears they resolved the issue.  Now it's time to get to work on those labs and the ACE exam!

Thanks for your assistance!

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!