AD integration and exclude one user

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

AD integration and exclude one user

L4 Transporter

Hi

Today I faced with a problem, I had to add second gorup to my "Athentication Profile" and I can't do that...

Every time when I try to past a  "CN=VPN_users,OU=U,OU=Work Groups,OU=Security,OU=Groups,DC=contoso,DC=local" I got it as a user not a group, why?

So finally I added "any" - but in my opinion it's bad idea because I allow all AD users to use GP. Do I am right?

2014-04-02_145021.png

I have dubt, how its working..

Why I have first add a group to Device>User Identyfication>Group Mapping settings?

So where I should leave "all" and where I should filter groups that are allowed for GP?

How (where) to exclude one user from group that is allowed?

Regards

Slawek

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Dear,

1) By setting "all" in the authentication profile you are allowing all users to authenticate using LDAP

meaning: all usernames + passwords will be validated against your LDAP.

This does NOT mean that all users are able to use GlobalProtect, just that the PaloAlto will check if the username+password is correct.

2) Under the portal settings of GlobalProtect / client config / user  you can restrict access to GlobalProtect to certain users / user groups.

Kind regards

L4 Transporter

Also,

If you want to use groups in your config, you need to configure a group-mapping (device/userID/group mapping settings).

This will be used by the PaloAlto to search which user belongs to which group.

are You sure? Under portal settings of GlobalProtect / client config / user  I can choose from group that I allowed, but there isn't option to exclude one user. I think.

As You can see on the picture above why the second line has "user" sigh not the "group" sign?

Regards

SLawek

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!