ADUC not loading while GP is connected

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

ADUC not loading while GP is connected

L0 Member

When Global Protect is active (be it at home or on site) it is nearly impossible to work with 'Active Directory - Users and Computers'.

It takes easly up to 10 minutes -and longer- before it is loaded and every action/click that involves loading or changing someting (for example the 'Properties' of a person) takes at least another 5 minutes.

When on site, at the company, if we disable Global Protect, ADUC loads immediatly, suggesting it's not a configuration error on the notebooks or server..

Has anyone experienced this before and how did you solve it?

(We use Windows 10 machines with Version 1803 and 1809, our DC's are Windows Server 2016)

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2

L0 Member

This issue is resolved in the GlobalProtect App 4.1.11. For me, ADUC went from about 5 minutes to 10 seconds to load after installing this version.

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/globalprotect/4-1/globalprotect-app-release-notes/gp-app-release-i...

"GPC-7496 - Fixed an issue on Windows 10 endpoints where the Active Directory Users and Computers (ADUC) application experienced high latency when users established a GlobalProtect connection on networks that do not support IPv6."

We're still on 4.1.8, as a workaround I just run "dsa.msc /servers=x.x.x.x" where x.x.x.x is the IP of a DC.  Seemed like it was more DNS related than IPv6 from when I looked at it but I suppose specifying an ipv4 address would solve either, glad to hear they put a fix in for it. 

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!