Add QOS for same source but different times & BW

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Add QOS for same source but different times & BW

L4 Transporter

We want to have different qos restrictions at different times for a single source ip. traffic from source to destination is over a tunnel. How can i achieve this, i can not assign multple qos profiles to same tunnel interface.

2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions

L3 Networker

Hi Mate, 

I think the only way ye could do this is with a pbf rule and have two tunnels instead of one. You can assign schedules to pbf rules, send the traffic over one tunnel then according to yer schedule, and the other as needed. 

Then chuck the QoS settings needed on the different tunnels. 

Stand corrected if an easier way 🙂 

best regards

Rob 

View solution in original post

Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 20.59.22.pngScreen Shot 2018-01-20 at 20.59.10.pngScreen Shot 2018-01-20 at 20.58.41.png

Hi Mate, 

As it happens was an easier way. The few screenshots above show a qos policy for on peak and off peak. Only difference is it changes youtube to classification 7 off peak and classification 8 on peak. 

The QoS config has different max for each classification. Tested this an works pretty good. 

Cheers,

Rob

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L3 Networker

Hi Mate, 

I think the only way ye could do this is with a pbf rule and have two tunnels instead of one. You can assign schedules to pbf rules, send the traffic over one tunnel then according to yer schedule, and the other as needed. 

Then chuck the QoS settings needed on the different tunnels. 

Stand corrected if an easier way 🙂 

best regards

Rob 

I would say that's an interesting solution worth considering

Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 20.59.22.pngScreen Shot 2018-01-20 at 20.59.10.pngScreen Shot 2018-01-20 at 20.58.41.png

Hi Mate, 

As it happens was an easier way. The few screenshots above show a qos policy for on peak and off peak. Only difference is it changes youtube to classification 7 off peak and classification 8 on peak. 

The QoS config has different max for each classification. Tested this an works pretty good. 

Cheers,

Rob

• 2 accepted solutions
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!