Address Object Cleanup

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Address Object Cleanup

L3 Networker

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to easily cleanup unused address objects. I recently migrated from Cisco ASA, and I'd like to cleanup some of the old garage objects that I brought over that are no longer being used.

Thanks!

-Brad
3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

Hello Bbilut,

The following documents can be helpful:

Unused Addresses or Address groups

How to identify unused objects?

How to Identify Unused Policies on a Palo Alto Networks Device

Add: we can identify any unused policy on this PAN firewall, but I don't think there is any straightforward way to segregate unused objects i.e (address, address group, app group etc).

If there are features we currently don't have but you would like to see added, the Palo Alto SE can create a feature request for you.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

L5 Sessionator

Hi bbilut

I don't think there is any way on the firewall to identify unused objects but you can identify unused policy using the following document:How to Identify Unused Policies on a Palo Alto Networks Device

There is also a feature request for the same:3159.

Relevant discussions:

How to identify unused objects?

Unused Addresses or Address groups

Hope it helps !

Thanks

L7 Applicator

Hello Bbilut,

There is a similar feature request has been already submitted:

For your reference:

Highlight Unused Objects

FR ID: 3159

The best avenue for information on this type of issue will be your PA sales team.  They can get you the roadmap for the feature and add you to any pending feature request.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!