Agentless UserID in a MultiDomain Environment

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Agentless UserID in a MultiDomain Environment

L2 Linker

My first question would be is it possible to configure a firewall with no vsys license to query more than one domain without deploying the UserID windows agent?

My second question would be if yes then how given that there is only 1 WMI authentication username, one list of DCs and also that the ignore user list would only apply to a single domain as you don't specify the domain prefix.

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

Hey Chris,

To my knowledge, you will need an agent per domain. The on-board agent can only monitor one domain.

How to configure PAN to identify users on multiple domains

The document specifies that an agent is required for each domain. The on-board agent only counts as one agent.

Hope this helps, and I'll see you soon I bet.

Ben

True but this doc is dated 2011 which would have been before PanOS 4.1 which was when the new UserID agent was released, plus this doc is based on the windows agent and not the onbox agentless agent.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!