Allow Box Enterprise without allowing Box Consumer

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Allow Box Enterprise without allowing Box Consumer

L1 Bithead

Box is getting blocked for employees.  However, more of our business partners are using Box Enterprise. 

We are using URL and application filtering.  Looking through the list of applications, I found boxnet-enterprise-access and added it to allowed applications, but when I try to go the Box site of a Box Enterprise user/company, I'm still gettting a URL block.  I don't want to add an exception by category or by URL as that will allow access to all of Box.  I only want Enterprise.  

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@j.bronson,

This is what I would do.

1) Create a rule that temporarly gives your IP or user-id access to anything. 

2) Navigate to one of these Box Enterprise links and see if the App-ID gets recognized as boxnet-enterprise-access.

If the application gets identified correctly then all you need to do is get rid of your URL block, if not then it's likely this wouldn't really work without a lot of work on your end as that pretty much tells us you aren't doing SSL-Decryption. 

If you want access to Box Enterprise links but you are blocking box through URL-Filtering, this isn't going to work. You are essentially cutting off access to box before the firewall even has a chance to decide if you are utilzing box enterprise or not. 

That is what I usually do when troubleshooting, create a rule specifically for my traffic, access the sites and then review firewall traffic to determine the application used.  

L0 Member

The issue we are seeing is that even enterprise accounts use so many sub-URLs, that users are being blocked for some functions, even if they can access the main paid Box account. How would a rule (or rule set) allow full access to paid Box.com accounts, but still block access to free accounts? Is this possible?

• 3 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!