Allow web-browsing but not for users?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Allow web-browsing but not for users?

L0 Member

Hello everyone,

First post so please be gentle. I need to have a security rule to allow the Bitdefender application on my servers. Part of the Bitdefender application requires explicit web-browsing. That is obviously easy enough to do. My problem is that I don't want users to then be able to browse the web from those servers but because I have enabled web-browsing as part of the Bitdefender rule, they can. 

Is there a way to stop this?

Alex.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L2 Linker

Do you have the URL license on your firewall? if you do you can create a custom URL category to only allow the required domains for updating with the AppID's.  If you don't have the URL license, you still need the domains that need to be allowed.  You could create a rule using fqdn address objects and AppID's, the only problem with this solution is that IP's are contantly changing.  I think the default timer for fqdn refresh are 30min.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L2 Linker

Do you have the URL license on your firewall? if you do you can create a custom URL category to only allow the required domains for updating with the AppID's.  If you don't have the URL license, you still need the domains that need to be allowed.  You could create a rule using fqdn address objects and AppID's, the only problem with this solution is that IP's are contantly changing.  I think the default timer for fqdn refresh are 30min.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@IpswichSchool,

A custom URL category would be the way to go here, as @JulioMancia  mentioned. Just as a note however, if you utilize a custom URL category you do not need to be licensed to do so. That specific functionality can be utilized regardless of URL Filtering license status. 

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Kevin-OHare,

Can you move your question into a new topic. The original question in this thread mentions bitdefender, but outside of that it has nothing to do with what you are asking. 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!