Amazon Video Not Playing

L1 Bithead

Amazon Video Not Playing

I'm running PanOS 9.0 on a PA220 and noticed a couple days ago that Amazon Prime Video wasn't playing on any of my wireless devices.  However, it would play on a desktop or laptop through Firefox.  After a few troubleshooting steps and Google, it seemed to me the difference was in the actual player itself.  I enabled "Allow HTTP partial response" in the content-ID and everything started working.  I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but I think it's probably working as designed.  This option prevents a client from resuming download of a malware file if the firewall stops the download, so it is unfortunate that it needs to be enabled for this to work. 

Highlighted
L1 Bithead

Re: Amazon Video Not Playing

Hi,

I have also seen this with Youtube on mobile devices, it due to how the stream works and so I expect it is working as expected.

L1 Bithead

Re: Amazon Video Not Playing

Due to certain options, such kinds of errors creep up. However, you have found a solution to your problem as you weren't the first or the only person to face this problem.

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!