Anyone else have a ton of these?

L4 Transporter

Anyone else have a ton of these?

URL filtering I keep seeing lots of clients for this URL:

play.google.com/log?format=json&authuser=0

Anyone know what application can be causing this request from the client PC?

L4 Transporter

Re: Anyone else have a ton of these?

Hi,

You should be able to check the application type from Monitor>logs>URL Filtering.

I just checked the link you provided and it provides the following info:

URLplay.google.com/log?format=json&authuser=0
CategoryShopping
DescriptionSites that facilitate the purchase of goods and services. Includes online merchants, websites for department stores, retail stores, catalogs, as well as sites that aggregate and monitor prices.
Example Siteswww.amazon.com , www.pricegrabber.com , www.lightningdrops.com
Additional commentsSites listed here should be online merchants that sell a variety of items (or whose main purpose is online sales). A webpage for a cosmetics company that also happens to allow online purchasing should be categorized with cosmetics and not shopping.
L7 Applicator

Re: Anyone else have a ton of these?

@s.williams1,

That's a pretty generic URL used in a large amount of Google applications for uploading log files, crashes, and the like. I'm almost positive that this can be built into any Android application as well. So yes this would be a very large volume URL, blocking it wouldn't really effect anything and allowing it doesn't really allow much outside of analytics. 

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!