Anyone else notice these "Load Config Partial" syntax changes in PAN-OS 9.0?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Anyone else notice these "Load Config Partial" syntax changes in PAN-OS 9.0?

L1 Bithead

Doing my first migration to PAN-OS 9.0.  We've migrated the config using expedition, but when I try to use the load config partial commands I keep getting a "Invalid syntax." error

Example on how it used to work- 

load config partial from MT-fixed.xml from-xpath /config/devices/entry/vsys/entry/tag to-xpath /config/devices/entry/vsys/entry/tag mode merge

I can get it to work if I change the syntax slightly to -

load config partial mode merge from-xpath /config/devices/entry/vsys/entry/tag to-xpath /config/devices/entry/vsys/entry/tag from MT-fixed.xml

I'm just curious if anyone else has run into this issue?  I can't find any documentation around changes to the load config partial  in PAN-OS 9.0 so I can't explain why it has suddenly changed its behavior.

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@GregTaylor,

From is now the hard stop in a load config partial command and you won't be able to specify anything after this entry, similar to the profile-setting entry when creating a security rulebase entry from the CLI. Not sure why they decided to change it with 9.0 or if it was even actually intended.

L1 Bithead
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!