Anyone know if the migration tool can split ASA Multi-context in seperate VSYSs on PAN?
I don't think so as each context is a seperate file. You can do it one-by-one, but not all-at-once.
If your base configuraqtion has multiple vsys, you can import multiple configuration files into the tool and merge them to the appropriate vsys in the base config
It can not, it would not be a straight forward conversion but a one by one.
the way i did it was as follows:
1) create a text file of the system context, that will have all your interfaces etc and import it
2) for rules , just create a seperate txt file for every context
3) import one context and after conversion, select all the rules and pre-pend them with a vsys identifier( eg v1 for vsys1 etc)
this will allow you to filter rules for a context,
4) now go ahead and add the interfaces for this particular vsys and save the config.
5) repeat steps 3-4 for every context
6) finally merge and save the config and you should be good to deploy.
Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.
The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!
These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!
The Live Community thanks you for your participation!