Application Password Override

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Application Password Override

Not applicable

In the URL filtering configuration, there is an option to allow for an override such that a user can type in a password to override a blocked website and gain temporary access to the site.

Is there a similar function available for applications?  For example, I only want to allow a select number of users to access facebook.

-) I have an outbound application policy that permits access to web-browsing, but not social-networking

-) I have a custom URL filtering policy that selectively allows override access to our blocked categories a defined subset of AD users

When these users get to facebook, they get the "Application Blocked" page, not the "Web Page Blocked" page and they're dead-in-the-water.  I'd rather not start allowing the facebook apps, only to rely on the URL filtering component to restrict/grant access instead.

Is there any way to have the Application Blocked page request a password override?

Thanks,

Tariq

1 REPLY 1

L3 Networker

An Application Blocked override page is not avaialble at this time. Pleaes contact your local SE if you would like to set up a feature request.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!