Application Still showing up after removal from Security Rule

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Application Still showing up after removal from Security Rule

L3 Networker

I recently added the ms-lync-online app to a rule in my PA-500.  We decided we didn't need it and removed it.  After a month of commits and saves that app is still showing up in the commit window summary and asking for a required app with it.  I have checked everywhere and that app is not part of any rule but the PA unit still thinks it is.  Any ideas how to clear this.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

You can try with "commit force" from CLI.

Else, Deactivate that rule >>> commit and activate again >>> commit.

Thanks

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

L7 Applicator

Hello Sir,

While you are applying a commit on this firewall, it should show the "rule name" along with the warning messages.

Example:: Rule 'XYZ' application dependency warning:

Application 'ms-lync-base' requires 'kerberos' be allowed, but 'kerberos' is denied in Rule 'DenyAny'

Application 'ms-lync-base' requires 'sip' be allowed, but 'sip' is denied in Rule 'DenyAny'

Application 'ms-lync-base' requires 'soap' be allowed, but 'soap' is denied in Rule 'DenyAny'

Could you please verify that rule once. If that rule is not having an application "MS-LYNC" added, then do a "commit force" from CLI else, Deactivate that rule >>> commit and activate again >>> commit.

Hope this helps

Thanks                                                         

L4 Transporter

Hello MemphisBrothers,

We can commit the whole config and just not the differential config. This is how we do.

configure

commit force

Once this is done can you test if you still see this.

If still seen can we do config Audit for the latest 2 config versions ( ALL for the lines ) and search for keyword ms-lync-online.

OR

Also we can export the running configuration to a xml file and do search for the keyword ms-lync-online.

These should resolve or direct the resolution.

It does.  I just didn't get that part in the copy.  I did remove it from the attached rule.  The message is erroneous. 

Hello,

You can try with "commit force" from CLI.

Else, Deactivate that rule >>> commit and activate again >>> commit.

Thanks

Tried the commit force in CLI.  No good.  Still showing up.  How do you export the config to XML?

Below is the image explaining where to go and how to export config file. They get exported as xml as they are in the format of xml.

exp.PNG.png

I was able to open the current config in XML and did a search for ms-lync-online.  No matches found.  This is looking like a bug

Have you tried deactivating that rule >>> commit and activate again >>> commit.

Cannot do this until late at night after bus, hours

Could you please tell your OS version also ?

I am trying this now.

Hope for the best. Smiley Happy

It looks like disabling the rule, committing, and enabling, committing did it.  Thanks everyone

• 1 accepted solution
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!