Application

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Application

L4 Transporter

I am trying to block some websites such as music.yahoo.com ,mylife.com  Spaces.live.com  and Talkgadget.com . But they aren't one of the listed choices and I am unable to add them to my blocked application list. How can I do that?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Infotech,

If you add this profile a security policy and the traffic of all the users in the network match this security policy, then yes the websites listed in this profile will block all the users from accessing it. If you want to allow certain users access to these websites, then create another security policy with specific source users added in the policy or you can also add source ip-addresses and place this policy above the policy that has profile to block the websites.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

L5 Sessionator

Hi infotech

You can add them in the block-list of URL-filtering profile or create a custom category (Objects> Custom URL Category or Objects > Custom Objects > Url Category) containing these URL with action block.

Thanks

L4 Transporter

That was helpful but I have created a policy so that I can replace my isa 2006 proxy server and have some users that cannot get those sites and others who can

Could you please attach the snapshot of the security policy and URL filtering profile in question ?

Sure here is screen shot of my security policy I am trying to add the websites to the applications areablockedprograms.png

this is an Application menu, not URL Category ...

infotech

I will suggest you to configure URL filtering profile and then specify these URLs in block-list. URL filtering profile provide more granular control over the URL/websites that you want to block/allow.

L7 Applicator

Hello Infotech,

Could you please follow below mentioned steps:

Step-1: Identify the URL filtering profile that has been attached along with this security policy.

For example: Here it is configured as "alert-all"

: security-policy.JPG

Step-2: Go to Object > Custom Object > Url Category: create a custom block list and add all required URL's on it.

Example: Name- Custom-Block-URL

custom-url-profile.JPG

Step-3:

Go to the Object > Security-profile > URL filtering > Open "alert-all" profile

Select the category "Custom-Block-URL" and set the action to "block"

Example:

URL-filtering-profile.JPG

Step-4: Then commit the changes.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

At this time I do not have a profile configured for this security policy

I am reviewing this again and I am on objects\security profiles \url filtering - if I add these sites to this profile won't it block it for everyone?

Infotech,

If you add this profile a security policy and the traffic of all the users in the network match this security policy, then yes the websites listed in this profile will block all the users from accessing it. If you want to allow certain users access to these websites, then create another security policy with specific source users added in the policy or you can also add source ip-addresses and place this policy above the policy that has profile to block the websites.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

I agree thanks

• 1 accepted solution
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!