Apps & Threat update link not visible

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Apps & Threat update link not visible

L2 Linker

Hello Guys,

when I was about to update the latest Antivirus, Applications and Threats (Device>Dynamic Updates) of  the box, I noticed that the update link for Applications and Threats are not visible. I tried to restart the box but still the link did not appeared. I have attached here the screenshot showing the scenario.

Chikka Dynaupdate.jpg

By the way I already upgraded to the latest OS Version which is version 5.0.1. The upgrade requires the update of Applications and Threat so I installed the update manually.

Hope you could help me on this.

thanks!ile

-hart

7 REPLIES 7

L6 Presenter

Is it there if you rightclick and choose "view source"?

L5 Sessionator

Hi Hart,

Can you verify if your licenses are fine and not expired.

Also can you click on check now on the dynamic update screen and tail the output of mslogs using following command and verify that it is able to reach and get the response back.

tail follow yes mp-log ms.log

Hopefully this helps.

Thank you

Numan

Hello,

I have the same issue with 4.1.10

--2013-01-08 15:49:01--  https://updates.paloaltonetworks.com/Updates/UpdateService.asmx/CheckForSignatureUpdate

Resolving updates.paloaltonetworks.com... 199.167.52.13

Connecting to updates.paloaltonetworks.com|199.167.52.13|:443... connected.

WARNING: cannot verify updates.paloaltonetworks.com's certificate, issued by `/C=US/ST=Arizona/L=Scottsdale/O=GoDaddy.com, Inc./OU=http://certificates.godaddy.com/repository/CN=Go Daddy Secure Certification Authority/serialNumber=XXXXXXXXX':

Self-signed certificate encountered.

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK

Length: 3157 (3.1K) [text/xml]

Saving to: `/tmp/.contentinfo.xml.tmp'

0K                                                      100%  474K=0.007s

2013-01-08 15:49:03 (474 KB/s) - `/tmp/.contentinfo.xml.tmp' saved [3157/3157]

/opt/pancfg/mgmt/global/contentinfo.xml:1: parser error : Document is empty

^

/opt/pancfg/mgmt/global/contentinfo.xml:1: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found

^

Jan 08 15:49:05 Error: pan_file_to_xml(pan_xml_utils.c:346): error parsing file /opt/pancfg/mgmt/global/contentinfo.xml

Jan 08 15:49:05 Error: _get_content_version_info(pan_ops_content.c:329): Bad update information on diskNO_MATCHES

NO_MATCHES

--2013-01-08 15:49:06--  https://updates.paloaltonetworks.com/Updates/UpdateService.asmx/CheckForVirusUpdate

Resolving updates.paloaltonetworks.com... 199.167.52.13

Connecting to updates.paloaltonetworks.com|199.167.52.13|:443... connected.

WARNING: cannot verify updates.paloaltonetworks.com's certificate, issued by `/C=US/ST=Arizona/L=Scottsdale/O=GoDaddy.com, Inc./OU=http://certificates.godaddy.com/repository/CN=Go Daddy Secure Certification Authority/serialNumber=XXXXXXX':

Self-signed certificate encountered.

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK

Length: 3215 (3.1K) [text/xml]

Saving to: `/tmp/.avinfo.xml.tmp'

0K                                                      100% 5.41M=0.001s

2013-01-08 15:49:08 (5.41 MB/s) - `/tmp/.avinfo.xml.tmp' saved [3215/3215]

it seems that the problem is in

/opt/pancfg/mgmt/global/contentinfo.xml:1: parser error : Document is empty

regards

L5 Sessionator

Hi,

Can i have you try to restart the management server and check if that resolves the issue.

That is not traffic impacting but i would still suggest that it is done during a maint time.

Management server can be restarted using following command from CLI

debug software restart management-server

Thank you

Numan

If im not mistaken reboot of mgmt-plane will impact userid-based rules and on 2000-series and below also generation of certs used by SSL-termination.

HI numan,

i am the coworker of hart nua, we have already done the debug software restart management-server, and it is still the same,

apps+threats still not visible.

more importantly, we have connectivity to updates.paloaltonetworks.com and have valid threat prevention license and url filtering license.

doyou have any other ideas to try?

glenn

Hi Glenn,

Can you try a different browser if it still doesn't show up try uploading the content and see what happens.

Thank you.

Subijith Raghunandan.

• 7 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!