Apps and Threats 578-3263 *URGENT* *SOLVED*

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Apps and Threats 578-3263 *URGENT* *SOLVED*

L3 Networker

We have had a few issues with customers and their network when upgrading to the latest Apps and Threats update.

Can anyone comment on this at all?

A few examples of issues are that decryption is not working, and communication to the LDAP server was lost. Sessions are closed with the error message "resources unavailable".

Regards

Jack

25 REPLIES 25

This brought down mail for our entire organization. Only SMTP was affected but it left a lot of users unhappy.

I can confirm that all of the customers that reported an issue to us today were using the 3000 series firewalls.

Thanks for the info.

Hi @Jack_Howells,

I know that 578 it was removed by PA .. I was busy with customers.

I just want to share with you, my experience with this issue 😛

Probably in future we need to pay attention with Content Update and PANos version.. Cause today with 7.1.0 update 578 works fine.

In order to avoid an important business impact on enviroments .. I have spent a lot of hours during this morning just to understand this behavior and cause of issue.

I hope this was helpful.

Ciao

Luca

;)))))

Not trying to absolve Palo of the issues here, but there is the option to delay the install for up to 5 days.  I haven't been keeping track of timelines as to when the update was reverted, so I'm not sure if this option would have helped anyone in this scenario.

Apps.JPG

Just an option for people out there.

I was surprised that the notification from palo didn't come out quicker, they are usually very good about that. I have a 5050 and didn't have any issues but I also got 578-3267 not 3260

not 578-3263 I mean

L1 Bithead

We had this same problem and reverted as soon as the issue was found. Waiting for their reasoning. 

L4 Transporter

Hi all,

One of my customer asking if there is a way to receive PA update related to this kind of issue.

I have received this e-mail as partner:

---------------------------------------------

Dear Customer,

With Applications and Threats Content version 578, Palo Alto Networks received reports that customers running PA-3000 series devices may experience an issue with resource exhaustion on their firewalls. To address these reports, Palo Alto Networks has temporarily removed this content update while we investigate the root-cause.

We advise that content version 578 not be installed on PA-3000 series devices, and to revert to 577 if this has already been done. Palo Alto Networks will release an update once this has been resolved.

-Palo Alto Networks Customer Support

-----------------------------------------------

Customers wants this e-mail directly from Palo Alto but he didn't receive it yet.

There are a lot of customers that received this one, but not all customers.

Suggestions?

Is that related to their setting on PA account?

Best Regards

It seems to have been sent to at least email addresses we have in customer portal...

Any users on our support account get them if the boxes below are checked....Not sure about merely having an account on the community site:

Palo Support.JPG

Thanks @Brandon_Wertz

I suppose right.. Customer didn't flagged it haha 😉

• 25 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!