Automatic backup - Palo Alto

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Automatic backup - Palo Alto

Not applicable

I would like to know how to perform automatic backup of Palo Alto and automatically copy every morning for a server backup.Can you help me?

best regards,

Paul Aun

4 REPLIES 4

L0 Member

Hi,

You can use XML API for configuration backup. More info can be found here: How to use the XML API to backup your firewall configuration

On panorama device, there is option for scheduled config export (SCP and FTP) but for firewalls you can use XML API.

L7 Applicator

Hello Paulo_Aun,

You can achieve it through two ways.

1. Write a script on Server to pull/scp/tftp configuration from Firewall.

-------------------------------

>tftp export configuration to  <tftp host>

>tftp import configuration from <tftp host>

>scp export configuration to <username@host:path >

>scp import configuration from  <username@host:path >

------------------------------

2. OR configure panorama to have scheduled back up:How to Schedule Configuration Export on Panorama?

A similar discussion for your reference:Backup Configuration of a PA-200

Hope this helps.

Thanks

and how do I schedule the backup? do you know ? I would like to create a routine that every day 2 am the backup is done

Hello

On serwer/workstation where You would like to keep backup use scheduler and connect it to your backup script

create very detailed info how to connect to PA device Backup Configuration of a PA-200

ren config.xml PA200config_%date:/=.%.xml

7z a -tzip "C:PA200_configs.zip" "*.xml" -mx5

del *.xml

You have to put 7z.exe in same directory as a script.

Regards

Slawek

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!