BGP deafault route

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

BGP deafault route

L3 Networker

Hi All,

I have a VSYS with two BGP sessions established - one eBGP internal and one eBGP external. Both are established to seperate peers.

My issue is when I look at the runtime stats in the virtual router the default route (0.0.0.0/0) is pointing (next hop) to the internal path and not the external path. External addressing points to the default route.

for example:

Destination 0.0.0.0/0 has next hop: 10.10.10.1 (Internal)

Destination *.*.*.*/28 (public) has a next hop of 0.0.0.0/0

I need it as:

Destination 0.0.0.0/0 has next hop: *.*.*.1 (External)

Destination *.*.*.*/28 (public) has a next hop of 0.0.0.0/0

with internal addressing pointing to relevant next hop.

Is there a way I can change this is or it influenced by BGP settings in the peer routers?

Funny thing is I have 3 other VSYSs I have built with similar BGP setups that are all working as expected.

Regards

Adrian

0 REPLIES 0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!