Block Wetransfer Upload

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Block Wetransfer Upload

L4 Transporter

I was doing a test on allowing wetransfer download, but not allowing upload. Ran into some issues. I have TLS decryption enabled. I have removed the *.wetransfer.com decryption exclusion.

My security policy is looking for applications "wetransfer" and "amazon-cloud-drive-uploading". I have a file blocking policy that is set to block upload of any application - any files.

If I go to wetransfer.com, I can upload any file that I wish

anyone successfully doing this?

16 REPLIES 16

Hi MikeC, quick question please. Do we need set this policy (with wetransfer-eu-prod-outgoing.s3.amazonaws.com) to Deny Action? And then create rule with allow using wetransfer? This link only for uploading? Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Not to deny. In my situation, I always block uploads with a File Blocking policy.  What I needed was to allow uploads for only wetransfer. Since PAN was seeing the wetransfer upload traffic as application 'ssl', I need to add these urls to allow uploading only for wetransfer

If you typically allow uploading and want to only block wetransfer uploads, then yes, you can use deny action

• 16 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!