Block file transfers in RDP connections?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Block file transfers in RDP connections?

Not applicable

Is the RDP application visibility granular in that we can figure the PAN to allow remote desktop connections but disable the mapping of local drives to prevent file transfer? 

5 REPLIES 5

L4 Transporter

Hello,

There is some encryption (which is on by default I think) on latest versions of RDP, so I would say it's hardly doable , except if "feature" activation is negociated before encryption happens may be ....

Currently PAN doesn't offer this granularity (in which I would be interested too) or I didn't find it.

Yeah I think I read somewhere that it was 40-bit encryption which by today's standards seems a bit weak.  But our PANs do SSL decryption, and I realize this probably isn't SSL, but I would think it reasonable that the same decryption procedures could be modified to work with the RDP protocol as well.  Oh well maybe in a future release.  Thanks for the response. 

Not applicable

Nick,

How about using GPO to disable drive mappings instead?

Tom

That's an excellent idea.  I'd have to make an exception for IT but that's not a problem.  Our AD gurus have been talking about some new functionality they have around GPO's called GPO Preferences or something like that.  I'll ask them to see if this is an option.  Thanks!

L0 Member

Did not see a response from Palo Alto on the same.

Does anybody know, if this is doable???

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!