Bootstrap debugs / logs

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Bootstrap debugs / logs

L3 Networker

Hi,

I was wondering when I went through the bootstrap documentation, it mentions that it should display logs of the bootstrap even if successful but in either case, nothing appears on the console, not even a single word about bootstrap... where should this be displayed or how can i check these logs?

5 REPLIES 5

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@CLIq,

The bootstrap logs are all displayed directly on the console, it's very odd that you aren't actually seeing anything. What exactly are you attempting to bootstrap and where (IE: Azure, Physical Appliance?) 

@BPry 

I am bootstrapping on Linux KVM (VM-Series Firewalls), which is on a local machine, so no cloud service but the console doesnt show any bootstrap related logs, though of course there are many other logs shown during boot.

Hello,

And to verify this is the first time you are attempting this on this image?

For security reasons, you can bootstrap a firewall only when it is in factory default state or has all private data deleted.

Regards,

@OtakarKlier its a fresh kvm image, so yes.

bootstrap works fine but no messages appear even if i try to cause it by e.g. not putting values inside init-cfg or missing folders, etc.

i simpy get no console logs from bootstrap, no matter if successful or not... i would like to monitor the console to confirm a successful bootstrap
EDIT: to be clear, I dont have issues with the actual bootstrap process, i got that to work but I would like to verify console logs to make sure it was successful (automatic checks from the console during boot)

ok, i assume this is a bug with all images then and will open a support case 🙂

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!