Both LACP interface ethernet1/2 moved out of AE-group

L4 Transporter

Re: Both LACP interface ethernet1/2 moved out of AE-group

What should be the best practice

both ends should be same like fast fast?

MP
Tags (2)
Highlighted
L4 Transporter

Both ends should be the same for sure.  Slow vs Fast really depends on personal preference and/or use case.  They both work fine.

Highlighted
L1 Bithead

We are also facing the same issue and we have a setup of Juniper & Palo alto. Juniper side it is LACP active with fast & palo is passive with fast. Does anyone else have the similar issue?

Regards,

Ganesh

Highlighted
L4 Transporter

Why don't you have them both set to the same?  Set the PAN for "Active".  I have had zero issues with PAN/Juniper combinations.

Highlighted
L1 Bithead

Well, that is because it worked that way, the recommendation also says that you must have atleast one side as active & it should be ok. although if I think more deeply keeping active/active both side will make both the devices to send PDU's so an increased traffic or so.

Would u mind sharing the software version of both sides, I have 14.1x.53 on Juniper & 17.1.18 on PA side.

Regards,

Ganesh

Highlighted
L4 Transporter

First, I would migrate off of Junos version 14.x for anything unless it is JTAC recommended.  There are only a couple pieces of hardware that still use this as recommended.  All of my hardware is v15.x minimum with most v17.x or higher.  PAN 7.1.x is going EOL next year.  I would move to 8.1.x ASAP.  It appears you are running code versions that are becoming fairly dated.  I would not worry about "increased traffic" of LACP active.  You aren't running 10/100mbit links.  Even then, it probably wouldn't be an issue.

Highlighted
L1 Bithead

Yeah, I agree with that, let me do it active/active & will update you, it might be a possibility with version 14.1x53 I'm running on the switch.

Thanks for all your help & thoughts.

Regards,

Ganesh

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!