Bringing up all interfaces in ESXI enviroment

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Bringing up all interfaces in ESXI enviroment

L1 Bithead

Hi,

I followed the docs when setting up a Palo Alto in an ESXI environment. I created 9 port groups for the device and connected each interface on the Palo Alto to one of them. When the Palo Alto came up all of the interfaces as not configured. If I set the interfaces to something (say TAP, Layer2, Laywer3 etc.) then they all come back as down except Ethernet1/1 and Enternet/1/2. Any reason why the rest wont come up?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

The issue ended up being that I did not add the other NIC's before the initial boot. I re-did the system, added the NIC's before the initial boot and then it saw all of the interfaces.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

So, just so that I am clear.. you should have 10 port groups (1 of them will be for management, 9 port groups for the remaining 9 interfaces, is this correct?  Just confirming)

Can you confirm if your FW is licensed vs just installing the .ova file, launching and then attempting to configure.

You did not specifically state you have auth codes for support, threat protection, URL, etc.

I look forward to your responses, and we can troubleshoot more.

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions

Hi,

The issue ended up being that I did not add the other NIC's before the initial boot. I re-did the system, added the NIC's before the initial boot and then it saw all of the interfaces.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!