CHACHA20_POLY1305 Support?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

CHACHA20_POLY1305 Support?

L4 Transporter

Anyone know or heard when we might get CHACHA20_POLY1305 cipher support for Inbound Decryption?

I finally came across a server using it... my Enterprise Services team is setting up a Papercut on-prem server and it seems to be running multiple web services.  One service is using our standard public cert we've purchased with standard cipher suites and the other is using a self-signed Papercut cert (seems to just be for mobility printing) and supports the afforementioned cipher.  I'm considering decryption here so we can do app visibility what would otherwise appear as  SSL over TCP 9164... alternatively I guess I could create an app for it or multiple security policy rules but decryption just seems cleaner.  We were able to get a copy of the cert and key for this.

We're investigating how to disable that cipher on the server but, so far, have only found instructions on cipher modification for the other service.

1 REPLY 1

L7 Applicator

In order to get more information on this, you need to ask your sales engineer. 

Maybe there is an existing feature request that you can vote for or you could create a new one this way. 

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!