CNSE Anyone?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

CNSE Anyone?

L0 Member

Just wondering if anyone out there has done the CNSE and can offer any advice regarding recommended reading etc?

Thanks

27 REPLIES 27

Not applicable

I'm interested in know in well.

L3 Networker

Hi,

I'm ACE (Accredited Configuration Engineer), which is PanOS 4 oriented certification.

Unfortunatly, there is no recommanded readings as far as I know, neither for CNSE nor ACE certifications.

The best way is to practice the most as you can, as written in the FAQ.

CNSE covers all the PAN features when ACE covers specific PanOS 4 features (Global Protect, Active/Active HA, ssl/ssh decryption, User ID and so on.

The certifications exams are pretty hard, since each questions has a timeout and you cannot review your answers.

Good luck.

Regards,

Laurent

Hi,

CNSE is more about configuration and scenario based questions, so practicing and getting more familiar with the GUI is the only way to get a pass.

Good Luck

Regards,

Jones

CNSE #1025

I'm definately interested in the CNSE but as there is so little written about it, it's hard to guage when one would be ready to attempt the exam.

Any thoughts?

Not applicable

I'm in the process of writing a guide, just for my own benefit, but  maybe once complete, I can share with the community.  Right now, I'm  studing for the CNSE. I've passed both the ACE 3.0 and 4.0 and have a  study guide for these but not ready for publishing.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Anyone have a method to purchase a PA-200 for personal use/studying?

Just the ACE exam questions are timed and you cannot review, however, the CNSE is timed for the exam in total and you can go back to review your answers.

If anyone has taken the CNSE and/or have their own notes, please contact me and we can combine our research to develope a study guide and help each other pass the exam.

Not applicable

Hi,

I have found this interview of Michael Pawloski, who is in charge of the training material. Apparently, there is an available official training document to pass CNSE 3.1. However, I never found any reference on the Palo Alto Website. He also explains that the updated version of the training material related to CNSE 4.1 should be available on February 2012.

Hope this helps,

Cya.

If anyone has any review guide for this I'm also interested.

No, it doesn't, but thanks for replying.  I have a copy of his interview as well.  I'm fairly confident, that if there's something published or on the net with CNSE in it, I have it... except the official training doc's, which leads me to believe they are not published/on the net Smiley Sad

Not applicable

Contact me if you would like to help create one.

L0 Member

I took the CNSE 4.1 beta exam today.  It was brutal because it was a Beta exam.  216 questions in 4 hours.  These are the areas that were concentrated on:

1) Panorama - Know everything Panorama.  How to push policies, read logs, HA and Panorama ettc..

2) A ton on NTLM , Captive Portal and authentication methods.

3) Know how to create Security policies and NAT policies

4) Logging was a big item on the exam.

5) Know how to pull a support dump file.  Log forwarding, start / end of log and what that means.

Basically, you need alot of hands on with a Palo device.  and if you can get your hands on panorama, that will definitely help as well.

Know about HA and how to manage HA devices in Panorama..

Hope this helps, if I think of any extras I will make sure to add..

Mark  

Hi Mark,

Have you received any results/feedback from your exam?

I am still waiting for feedback on my exam.

Thanks,

Ersatz

I would add IPSec VPN & its troubleshooting, and Global Protect SSL VPN.

• 27 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!