CNSE Anyone?

Not applicable

Re: CNSE Anyone?

No, it doesn't, but thanks for replying.  I have a copy of his interview as well.  I'm fairly confident, that if there's something published or on the net with CNSE in it, I have it... except the official training doc's, which leads me to believe they are not published/on the net :smileysad:

Not applicable

Contact me if you would like to help create one.

Highlighted
L0 Member

I took the CNSE 4.1 beta exam today.  It was brutal because it was a Beta exam.  216 questions in 4 hours.  These are the areas that were concentrated on:

1) Panorama - Know everything Panorama.  How to push policies, read logs, HA and Panorama ettc..

2) A ton on NTLM , Captive Portal and authentication methods.

3) Know how to create Security policies and NAT policies

4) Logging was a big item on the exam.

5) Know how to pull a support dump file.  Log forwarding, start / end of log and what that means.

Basically, you need alot of hands on with a Palo device.  and if you can get your hands on panorama, that will definitely help as well.

Know about HA and how to manage HA devices in Panorama..

Hope this helps, if I think of any extras I will make sure to add..

Mark  

L0 Member

Hi Mark,

Have you received any results/feedback from your exam?

I am still waiting for feedback on my exam.

Thanks,

Ersatz

L6 Presenter

I would add IPSec VPN & its troubleshooting, and Global Protect SSL VPN.

L0 Member

I contacted Paloalto Education / Certification and they told me that it will be a few weeks before we get any results.

Basically they have to tally up the scores and then come out with the results.

Test was pretty brutal, right?  216 questions and 4 hours..

L0 Member

"I would add IPSec VPN & its troubleshooting, and Global Protect SSL VPN."

Totally agree..  Global Protect was huge on the exam.

Not applicable

Hi Ersatz, Mark,

How does one sign up to take beta exams, if interested?

Regards,

Walter

L0 Member

Very challenging.  I took it 3wks ago, so thought I'd check up.

Not applicable

The beta seems brutal with 216 q's in 4 hrs when the actual exam is 60 q's in 2 hrs.  I would think PA allowed ample time, maybe a little extra, for 216 questions.

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!