Cannot add zone to security rule from panorama

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Cannot add zone to security rule from panorama

Hello there:

I'm new to palo alto through Panorama, so please excuse me if this is a silly issue. I created a template and a device group (without devices in it yet) and started to create everything else (addresses, groups, users, nats, sec policies, etc.). When I try to add a security policy and trying to select one of the already created zones, the drop-down list is empty.

Fro the same Panorama, I've another template and device group (with one device in it), and the zones appear in the drop down list when adding a security policy. The only diference between these device groups and templates is that one of the device groups has one device, the other doesn't.

What could be the reason I cannot see the zones I already created?

Best regards

Sergio

3 REPLIES 3

L5 Sessionator

For the new device groups, you will have to manually enter the zone names for the 1st time, after that you will be able to pull from the drop down list. Make sure you take care of capitalization as well. Meaning if you have "Trust" on the device, you need to type Trust on the panorama as well, not "trust". Hope this helps.

Hello Serigo,

Not all zones on the firewall are available in the drop down list. Zone names have to be manually entered the first time. When creating new zones on a firewall, simply add the same zone to Panorama. Once the zones have been created in Panorama, they will become available for policy rules.

Please also refer the below link:

New Zone Not Visible in Panorama

Regards,

Jahnavi.

Hello guys;

Thanks a lot for the help!. It worked.

Best regards

Sergio

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!