Cannot connect to Globalprotect

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Cannot connect to Globalprotect

L4 Transporter

Since updating Global Protect client, I can no longer connect to VPN. I can successfully connect to all our other sites.

I’ve tried connecting on the OSX client & Windows Client.

System logs suggest login succeeded.

See screenshot attached of failure notice.

Error.jpg

GlobalProtect Logs show below.

Nov 03 19:45:45:53609 Debug( 308): SSL connect failed
Nov 03 19:45:45:53861 Debug( 59): detailed SSL error info:
Nov 03 19:45:45:53883 Debug( 781): connect() failed
Nov 03 19:45:45:53976 Info (4197): ConnectSSL: Failed to connect to '18.20.13.x:443'
Nov 03 19:45:45:54010 Debug(5101): Show Gateway VPN Access Gateway 1: Could not connect to the GlobalProtect gateway. Please contact your IT administrator.
Nov 03 19:45:45:54069 Info (4233): ConnectSSL(FALSE) failed
Nov 03 19:45:45:54080 Info (4652): SendNReceive() failed.

Nov 03 22:48:55:539688 Error(4718): NetworkDiscoverThread: failed to discover external network.
Nov 03 22:48:55:539694 Debug(4730): Network discovery failed, set error as Could not connect to the GlobalProtect gateway. Please contact your IT administrator.
Nov 03 22:48:55:539699 Debug(5720): --Set state to Disconnected

I’ve refreshed the connection & manually added the portal back in to the client. Still doesn’t connect.

Also tried to reinstall GP.

Software Version              - 8.1.11

GlobalProtect Agent        - 5.0.5

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Remo 

>What version of PAN-OS is installed on the other (working) gateways?

>Did I understand correctly that you have connection problems on both windows and mac?

Yes

>Did you try to connect from another (source)network?

Yes

We downgraded to 4.1.8-2 to make it work.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

L7 Applicator

Hi @FarzanaMustafa 

What version od PAN-OS is installed on the other (working) gateways? Did I understand correctly that you have connection problems on both windows and mac?

The logs below could also show general connection problems as not even network discovery seems to be working. Did you try to connect from another (source)network?

Hi @Remo 

>What version of PAN-OS is installed on the other (working) gateways?

>Did I understand correctly that you have connection problems on both windows and mac?

Yes

>Did you try to connect from another (source)network?

Yes

We downgraded to 4.1.8-2 to make it work.

Hello

We've exactly the same problem with after an upgrade of the GlobalProtect Agent for Windows to version 4.1.13 and 5.0.5.

All works fine with the 4.1.12 version. Our gateways are in PanOS 8.1.10. At this time we've downgraded Global Protect Agent to 4.1.12.

Florent

We had the same issue, when we upgraded to the 5.0.x client, had to rollback to 4.1.11. It did not impact all of our users but it was mostly Windows 10.

L7 Applicator

Just wanted to let everyone know that if they are having any GlobalProtect issues, and need to troubleshoot the issue, our Very own @kiwi has written a great blog all about troubleshooting GlobalProtect.

Be sure to check it out here: 
https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/blogs/dotw-globalprotect-troubleshooting-tips/ba-p/383911

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Joe
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

L3 Networker

Hi @FarzanaMustafa,

We had many cases with this problem. This error is usually seen when the GlobalProtect client is upgraded, but GP is not installed correctly. And the general uninstalling/reinstalling doesn't help in this case.

This KB should fix the issue.

Error: Failed to find PANGP virtual adapter interface when connecting to GlobalProtect

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000Cm5eCAC&lang=en_US

Hope this helps!

--
"The Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - Leonardo da Vinci.
  • 1 accepted solution
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!