Cannot ping L3 interface except mgmt?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Cannot ping L3 interface except mgmt?

L0 Member

Hi all,

I have a classic setup... mgmt port, one outside, one DMZ and one inside L3 ports, NAT policy defined and a bunch of security rules.

Outside, Inside and DMZ ports all have their IP addresses defined, but I cannot ping them. Not even inside port from inside network. Any ideas?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L1 Bithead

Hi,

You need to create and add management profile to L3 interface. Network->Network profiles->Interface mgmt

Add new profile which has ping enabled then add this profile to your L3 interface.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L1 Bithead

Hi,

You need to create and add management profile to L3 interface. Network->Network profiles->Interface mgmt

Add new profile which has ping enabled then add this profile to your L3 interface.

L4 Transporter

primozl wrote:

Hi all,

I have a classic setup... mgmt port, one outside, one DMZ and one inside L3 ports, NAT policy defined and a bunch of security rules.

Outside, Inside and DMZ ports all have their IP addresses defined, but I cannot ping them. Not even inside port from inside network. Any ideas?

Do you have an interface management profile defined?

Under the "network' tab in your management console, you should see "Interface Mgmt" under the 'Network Profiles" section.

Create a new one with the protocol(s) you wish to allow (ping, snmp etc), optionally add the permitted IP addresses for the requests to come from, save this, then edit the interface concerned and under the "Interface Management" drop down, apply the profile you just creatwed.

Commit this and you should be able to use the protocols you defined in the first step.

HTH

Thank you both! 🙂

Interfaces now reply to my pings cheerfully and on time every time. 🙂

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!