Captive Portal Persistence

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Captive Portal Persistence

Not applicable

Greetings,

A little background.  We have a wireless guest network at multiple facilities.  Currently we have Juniper wireless deployment and use their "SmartPass" product for guest authentication.  This gives us two things:

1. Provides a splash page that guests have to accept basically saying we have no SLA, not responsible, blah blah blah legal stuff.
  2. Provides a "cookie" so that if I authenticate to guest today, leave the facility and come back, I'm still "authenticated" to guest and don't have to reaccept.  (This is VERY important due to the fact that we have Physicians using this guest network and constant re-authentication makes them angry).

Does the capitve portal have any configuration options for persistance?  Perhaps by MAC address or with a cookie?  Or would they need to accept the spalsh page every time?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Not applicable

I am using the cookie persistence successfully.  We use a 12 hour timeout and that works pretty well for us.

L0 Member

I have also used the timers within the PA.  I no have it set for 15 minutes of inactivity, but had it originally set to 12 hours and that seemed to work well.

Running PA- 4.1.2 BTW

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!